Hamas used the hudna to increase the range of their missiles and now it seems they are trying to target Israeli infrastructure. From Haaretz:
"Today (brought) another escalation in the terrorist activity of the Hamas movement when for the first time, they launched a rocket into a town in the southern part of the country, Ashkelon, making an effort to hit a strategic target that is one of our largest power stations," Sharon said.While I was travelling in Israel, I wondered why the terrorist groups weren't targetting these types of places already. After all, it's much easier to sneak into an isolated power station than a restaurant today. The only reasons I could think of for not doing so are: 1) killing Jews makes the news, and 2) the terrorists want to kill Jews. However, I suppose they've learned that their rockets are ineffective at killing Jews, so they need to aim at a bigger target.
Also from the Haaretz article, "Prime Minister Ariel Sharon said he had ordered the IDF to take "all necessary steps" against Palestinian militants." I'm sure he didn't use the word "militants," though.
Go get 'em, boys.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home