Global Outlook

Sunday, August 03, 2003

One more post today. I want to rent a car to tour around parts of Israel before heading home. I did a survey of 4 car rental web sites to get quotes. 2 of the 4 (Avis and Eldan) gave me quotes I could use while Budget didn't include the extra "high season" rate and Sixt didn't include insurance, airport fee, OR high season rates.

However, being the scrooge I am, I called Sixt anyway, explained their online quote did not include all the prices and asked them what the extra charges would be. I was told that I'm "supposed to look the information up on the web site." She then gave me the info I needed. It turned out to be the best price, so I returned to their web site to reserve a car (and stumbled on the numbers I needed - hidden with the car details - nowhere near the quotation).

I wonder how many online reservations Sixt loses by not providing this info automatically. Of course, they may actually gain reservations with prices that are artificially low!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home